One of the plants most subjected to in-depth research nowadays is turmeric. There are more than 5600 published and examined research studies on this plant and its main part– curcumin. Our research study alone has lasted for 5 years and we have actually found more than 600 applications of this plant for treatment, as well as avoidance, but it also has more than 175 advantages for the physiology.
Turmeric getting a great deal of attention
All the above-discussed researchers have verified that this plant can be considered a sacred plant, and it is proved that can change much of the standard treatments, a few of them being:
- Lipitor/Atorvastatin (a medication utilized for curing cholesterol): there is a study from the journal Drugs in R & & D from 2008 that says that with the preparation of curcuminoids from Turmeric, a very similar impact to the Lipitor medication is attained on the endothelial dysfunction (accountable for atherosclerosis) in clients struggling with swelling and oxidative stress as an outcome from type 2 diabetes.
- Corticosteroids (steroid medications): a study from 1999, published in the Phytotherapy Research journal validated that the pigment of the turmeric, saffron colored, known as curcumin has the exact same effects on Chronic anterior uveitis, an inflammatory eye disease as the steroids. A study from 2008, released in the Crucial Care Medicine journal, found that curcumin can be used for the exact same functions as dexamethasone, a corticosteroid, as a protection from down-regulating inflammatory genes which can cause injuries during lung transplantation. A study in Cancer Letters, from 2003, also had actually discovered that curcumin has the exact same impact as dexamethasone for the lung ischaemia-reperfusion injury.
- Prozac/Fluoxetine & & Imipramine (a medication for depression): a study from the Acta Poloniae Pharmaceutica journal in 2011 validated that curcumin can reduce depression in animals, having the same effect as the previously mentioned medication.
- Aspirin (a blood thinner): a study released in Arzneimittelforschung journal, 1986, showed that curcumin can assist clients vulnerable to apoplexy and those who need anti-arthritis treatment.
- Anti-inflammatory drugs: in a study from 2004, released in the Oncogene journal, it was said that turmeric’s active ingredients, curcumin, and resveratrol, have the very same impacts as aspirin, ibuprofen, phenylbutazone, sulindac, indomethacin, diclofenac, naproxen, dexamethasone, tamoxifen and celecoxib. Those results are of anti-inflammatory and anti-proliferative nature and battle the reproduction of tumor cells.
- Oxaliplatin (a substance abuse in chemotherapy): the International Journal of Cancer in 2007 released that curcumin can be compared with oxaliplatin when it pertains to its antiproliferative effects in the colorectal cell lines.
- Metformin (a drug for diabetes): research study from 2009, released in the Biochemistry Research Community journal found that curcumin has favorable results in fighting diabetes. It galvanizes the production of substances that increase glucose uptake and prevents the activities accountable for glucose production in the liver. In addition, it is essential to say that curcumin in the form of tetra hydro curcuminoids (THC) was shown to be more reliable than metformin in the previously mentioned cause 500-100,000 times.
Turmeric studies as cancer treatment
Turmeric has been proved to have impressive healing characteristics when it pertains to drug resistant and multi-drug resistant cancers. There are compounds that are efficient against these kinds of cancers resistant to both chemotherapy and radiation, however, turmeric has been shown to be the very best.
There are about 54 studies that reveal that curcumin can kill or sensitize drug resistant cancer cells unlike standard treatment, and 27 other research studies which reveal that curcumin can also kill or sensitize multidrug resistant cancer cells, which, once again, is not the case with traditional treatment.
For many years turmeric has actually been used in many cultures as either food or medication, and now there are much more proves which plainly show that it ought to be utilized in cancer treatment as well.
The best solution, still, would be if we utilized natural turmeric in little dosages daily, so that it would assist us to prevent lots of illness. The food we consume needs to be rich in nutraceuticals, which means that we should nourish ourselves instead of remedy and medicate ourselves.